Inside this edition of the Cratejoy Newsletter: Product Updates and New Features designed to increase your profits + upcoming webinars to help you grow your business.
Stay up-to-date on all of our new features so that you prepare your business for the - fast approaching! - Holiday Shopping Season.
Don’t have time to read the whole newsletter? Skip to Cratejoy Condensed at the bottom!
1. Conversion Optimization Webinar + Q&A
Join us next week for a webinar + Q&A session all about how to increase your conversion rate and get more sales!
When: Friday, July 30th @ 1 pm CST
2. August New Seller Webinar
Are you a new-ish seller to Cratejoy? Join us for a webinar that covers the basics of launching your business + lots of tips to help you create a strong start for your business.
When: Friday, August 6th @ 1 pm CST
1. Seller Inbox
All Cratejoy Marketplace sellers now have access to our newest feature: the Seller Inbox!
This feature will allow you to view and reply to Cratejoy Marketplace customer messages from your Seller Portal.
You can read more here about how the Seller Inbox works or go directly to your Seller Inbox by opening the Messages tab on your Seller Portal.
2. Per-Product Listings
Over the past year the Cratejoy Marketplace has been transforming from a Per-Store Listing format (only one listing allowed per seller account) to a Per-Product Listing format (multiple listings allowed per seller account, one listing per product).
All stores - that are not currently using Per-Product Listings - will be auto-migrated by September 30th, 2021. Our Cratejoy Product Team is working diligently to make sure that the auto-migration goes as smoothly as possible.
You’ll receive more communications about this update (and how to best migrate your listings) soon! Learn more about Per-Product Listings here.
3. Variant Pricing
We’re happy to announce that all Cratejoy Marketplace sellers now have our new Variant Pricing feature!
This new feature gives you the ability to simplify the way you offer variants on subscription products on your Marketplace listings.
Examples of variants:
- A coffee subscription box that offers 1, 5, or 10 lb bags of coffee at different price points
- A spa subscription box that offers different choices of bath bomb scents
- A comic book subscription box that offers different t-shirt sizes
Here are some benefits of this new feature:
- Offer more customization and selection to your subscribers
- Set different price points for different variants
- Set inventory at the variant level and manage it with custom SKUs
Learn more here about how to use variant pricing for new or existing subscription products.
Updates & Improvements
1. Enhanced Scoring System
Cratejoy is always looking to provide more clarity surrounding how we examine each feature of your listing(s) in order for you to properly improve for higher visibility and conversion.
In keeping with this commitment to clarity, we’re excited to debut our enhanced listing scoring process. The goal of this new system is to better serve the sellers and customers who make up the Cratejoy Community by setting clear expectations on what constitutes a high quality listing.
Instead of providing only one score for your listing, we will score each feature on a scale. This detailed scoring helps us provide better feedback which your business can then use to optimize listings (this will increase merchandising opportunities and conversions). From there a total score is given and determined if it meets:
- The minimum for Marketplace standards (to be live on the Marketplace)
- The minimum for Merchandising standards (to be included in upcoming promotions and affiliate programs)
If a listing score falls beneath the minimum for Cratejoy Marketplace standards, it will be rejected and you will be notified with specific guidance on how to improve your listing before submitting again for approval.
New Listing Quality Score System Breakdown
- The minimum score for Marketplace is 9
- The minimum score for Merchandising is 19
Please note: The Cratejoy Team is in the process of scoring all active Cratejoy Marketplace listings with this new system. Our team is manually scoring to ensure that we score each listing correctly and provide the best feedback to sellers.
(Read more in depth about Listing Quality Scoring & the minimum required score for each section here.)
2. Transactional Emails Update
Recently, we told you that Cratejoy is taking over some Marketplace post-purchase transactional emails (order confirmation, shipping updates, and more).
The updates we are sharing with you today are centered around Cratejoy’s efforts to engage and retain your marketplace subscribers by improving the overall customer experience on Cratejoy.
Cratejoy now sends the following messages (related to Cratejoy Marketplace orders) on your behalf:
Subscription Reactivated Email
- This communication is sent when a Cratejoy Marketplace customer reactivates their subscription
- Informs the customer that the reactivation was successful
- Provides information about when the next box will ship
Subscription Cancelled Email
- This communication is sent after Cratejoy Marketplace customers cancel their subscription
- Informs the customer that the cancellation was successful
- Provides reactivation button
- Provides estimated month of last shipment
Subscription Expired Email
- This communication is sent to Cratejoy Marketplace customers after their subscription has expired
- Informs the customer that their subscription has expired
- Provides step-by-step instruction on how to renew the subscription
Leave a Review Email
- This communication is sent to Cratejoy Marketplace customers prompting them to leave a review
- This email will send 5 days after delivery confirmation (requires accurate tracking numbers added to shipments)
- Or a set number of days after the order is placed, depending on the billing type of the subscription:
- Monthly (includes bi-monthly, quarterly, and any monthly ad-hoc billing type): 50 days after order
- Weekly: 10 days after order
- Biweekly: 20 days after order
- Includes a prompt for customers to track their package if they have not yet received it.
3. Customer Email Collection Update
Previously, Cratejoy Sellers could automatically export customer emails into 3rd party email management softwares.
Cratejoy has removed this capability in order to protect Cratejoy Marketplace customers from being added to email lists without an appropriate opt-in process.
If you are gathering emails for marketing purposes, we recommend that you consult the CAN-SPAM Act for more information and guidance on email marketing.
Attend an upcoming Cratejoy webinar (We swear they’re fun!) - Register Here
Updates & Improvements:
- Enhanced Scoring System - use our tips to create a high-quality listing and increase your chance of getting featured! Learn more about the Enhanced Scoring System
- Cratejoy now sends the following emails to your Marketplace customers: Subscription Reactivated - Subscription Cancelled - Subscription Expired - Leave a Review
Customer Email Collection Update - Cratejoy has removed the capability of sellers to automatically export Cratejoy Marketplace customer emails to third party email softwares
Thank you for being part of the Cratejoy Community. Keep an eye on our webinar information page for opportunities to engage with other sellers and the Cratejoy Team as we help you grow and sustain your business.
Stay tuned for our Holiday Preparation Content Series - coming very soon!